Saturday, January 24, 2009

Look Out for the Purple Acid

In case you haven't heard the latest news in the saga of the man who was twice elected to govern my state, Rod Blagojevich is officially off his rocker (not that he wasn't already). You see, according to G-Rod, this whole impeachment thing is just part of a maniacal plot to raise taxes.

Yes, Governor, the reason why you tried to sell Obama's Senate seat to the highest bidder was part of a plot by the General Assembly to raise taxes. It all makes perfect sense now. This man is absolutely delusional, and I mean that in the most literal sense of the word. Does he even have a publicist or a press secretary anymore?* I assume his speeches are written in white crayon "so no one can know what I will say but me. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a lunch meeting at Morton's with Aldous Huxley and the Cookie Monster. Fetch me my zeppelin!"

* The answer is apparently "yes." It turns out that Blago just hired Drew Peterson's PR firm (thanks to Christoff for the link). Yes, the same PR firm that allowed Drew Peterson to court and propose to yet another 23-year-old future victim. It definitely all makes perfect sense now.

No comments: