Monday, July 16, 2012

Pain Don't Hurt

After a busy several weeks, I finally have a bit of a respite.  In addition to working hours fit for a prepubescent Burmese textile worker, I attended several great concerts (Scorpions/Tesla, The Hives, Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper) and finally achieved my lifelong dream of hitting a bird while driving -- although I didn't so much hit the bird as the bird executed a well-timed kamikaze attack on a rental car I was driving, leaving what I thought was a rather noticeable blood- and feather-stained dent in the roof. Thankfully, the people working at Hertz were more concerned about how long ago I filled up the tank.


My goals this week, in no particular order:  (1) play a 16-inch softball game; (2) win a 16-inch softball game; (3) drink half-price pitchers of beer after a 16-inch softball game; (3) bowl; (4) buy a goat; (5) name goat Mary; (6) attend a Caribbean-themed party on someone's roof deck; (7) freak out almost everyone at a Caribbean-themed party by performing a Santeria goat sacrifice, but gain respect of the remaining party-goers as a result of my vigor and the surprising authenticity of the ritual; (8) drink authentic Bloody Marys and just let things get weird with remaining party-goers until the sun comes up; and (9) watch every punch to the face from Road House.  What's that, Ryan?  I can accomplish one of those feats right now.  Thanks for the link, mijo.  And yes, I realize you sent it to me in February.


No comments: