Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Tuesday Top Ten: Whiskeys for Your Money

I like whiskey.  All whiskeys.  Be it bourbon, scotch, Irish whiskey, Canadian whiskey, or rye, I will drink it.  That said, I'm not someone who is going to spend $100 on a bottle of whiskey more than once in a blue moon (or at least not on myself).  That's why I was happy to be sent a Thrillist article entitled "The 14 Absolute Best Whiskeys for Your Money" (thanks to Gregerson for the link).  The list has bourbons, scotches, ryes, and a quinoa whiskey.  Yes, a quinoa whiskey.  I was a little disappointed that the price range goes from $23.99 to $109.99, since I was expecting a list like this to top out at maybe $50.  I was also disappointed that Old Crow didn't make the list.  After all, it is aged for 36 months and is supercheap.

No comments: