Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Retro Video of the Week: "Don't Look Back in Anger" by Oasis

This Friday marks the 20th anniversary of the release of Oasis's second album, (What's the Story) Morning Glory?, which vaulted the band to international superstardom and has sold over 22 million copies worldwide.  This is definitely (maybe) the first album I remember from Oasis.  It peaked at #4 on the Billboard album charts, and it featured classic Oasis songs like "Wonderwall," "Don't Look Back in Anger," "Champagne Supernova," "Morning Glory," and "Some Might Say."  While "Wonderwall" was the highest-charting in the U.S., hitting #8 on the Billboard Hot 100, and it's the song I equate most with Oasis, I'm going with "Don't Look Back in Anger" for the Retro Video of the Week.  I love both songs, but I feel like "Don't Get Back in Anger" gets as much love as it should.

No comments: