Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Retro Video of the Week: 'Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays" by NSYNC

I'd like to give some whimsical excuse as to why I didn't post a Tuesday Top Ten yesterday -- like how I was too busy because I was helping my kids make Christmas presents for homeless elves, I had my weekly kegel class, or I had a marathon practice with my new thrashcore band that plays only Christmas carols, Fetid Cuntmas -- but the reality of the situation is that I was just building a painstakingly accurate Lego recreation of Angkor Wat from memory.  News flash:  I've never even been to Angkor Wat!  Regardless, I apologize for the oversight.

Being that it is now December, the Retro Videos of the Week will have a holiday theme.  First up is "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays" by NSYNC.  The song was part of the group's second studio album, released in 1998, and it is everything cheesy you'd except from a boy band song from the late '90s.  The video is only slightly better, in that it features Gary Coleman as an elf who, after Santa falls ill (presumably with full-blown AIDS -- it was the '90s, after all), convinces the guys in NSYNC to fill in and deliver presents.  Joey Fatone looks like he was fed unsafe quantities of mini thins.

No comments: