Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Retro Video of the Week: "Nearly Lost You" by Screaming Trees

Twenty five years ago, grunge was in full swing.  This Friday in 1992, Screaming Trees released their sixth studio album, Sweet Oblivion.  The band was formed in Ellensburg, Washington, about 100 miles from Seattle, in 1985, and they were considered one of the forefathers of grunge.  While most of their fame was "underground," their song "Nearly Lost You" was included on the grunge/alternative-laden Singles soundtrack, propelling the song to a #5 position on Billboard's Alternative Songs chart and #12 on the Mainstream Rock chart.  It's a really good song, and for me, it's one of the songs that most epitomizes the grunge era.  Whenever I hear it, I'm immediately taken back to the early '90s.  I see flannel and oversized t-shirts, and I'm totally fine with that.

No comments: