Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Retro Video of the Week: "Shattered Dreams" by Johnny Hates Jazz

Between a hellish workload that's forcing me to miss bar trivia, slaving my tits over a hot toaster oven all night, washing the caked, stubborn wreckage of a bloody abscess off a dog's anus, and getting about three hours of sleep last night because I was trying not to choke on my own mucus, I haven't had much time to do anything blog-related.  God, I wish none of what I just said was true.  

Anyway, here's the video for British new wave/sophisti-pop group Johnny Hates Jazz's hit, "Shattered Dreams."  It was the band's debut single, and it went to #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1988 and #5 on the UK pop charts in 1987.  I'm playing this because I just heard it on the SiriusXM '80s channel, and it seemed apropos given what I have just described to you. The video features a crestfallen ballerina, a surprise mini-bongo solo, and a Hofner bass, all of which are things that I like.

No comments: