Thursday, July 20, 2023

Retro Video of the Week: "Space Age Love Song" by A Flock of Seagulls

In less than 54 hours, I will, in fact, be watching A Flock of Seagulls perform live at a street fest here in Chicago.  I'm pretty excited about it.  Of course, most people associate the band with their 1982 Top 10 hit "I Ran (So Far Away)" -- and lead singer Mike Score's insane hairdo.  But the band was not a one-hit wonder, as "Space Age Love Song" and "Wishing (If I Had a Photograph of You)" were both Top 30 hits on the Billboard Hot 100.

I'm going with "Space Age Love Song" for this week's Retro Video of the Week.  It's a tasty little new wave/synth pop number, and the video shows the band performing the song on the roof of famed '80s New York nightclub and new wave hangout spot, Danceteria.

No comments: