Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Retro Video of the Week: "It Was a Good Day" by Ice Cube

"It Was a Good Day" is probably my favorite Ice Cube song, after "Bop Gun."  I particularly enjoy the remix from the Bootlegs and B-Sides album.  Last week, "It Was a Good Day" has reemerged in the national consciousness, when the blog Murk Avenue claimed to have pinpointed the exact day that was the subject of "It Was a Good Day," concluding it had to be January 20, 1992.  Several days later, the blog Pandemonium responded to Murk Avenue and determined that the actual "Good Day" was November 30, 1988.  Read both posts.  They are fantastic.  Kudos to both bloggers for their use of the undisputed facts in the song to narrow down the possible dates.  This is one of those things I wish I thought of. Thanks to The Weez for sending me both links knowing damn well this is something I would be into.

1 comment:

Brother said...

Clearly it was my 10th Birthday