Thursday, January 31, 2013

Smörgåsbord of Awesome

I'm still riding my high from the Hoosiers' demolition of Purdue last night.  And from the mescaline.  I'm heading down to B-town this weekend for the big IU/Michigan game, and I'm extremely pumped, even though I don't even have tickets or plan on going to the game.  Bloomington is going to be buzzing this weekend.

Anyway, in light of the general awesomeness of this week and weekend, I'd like to present you with the following awesome compilation of links and videos about The Darkness, Aerosmith, Lebowski, basketball in Indiana, The OC, and people getting injured in ice and snow.  Yippee-ki-yay, Mister Falcon!

1.  First off, last Sunday night, I went to see The Darkness at The Vic with my buddy Daniel.  Good Lord, they put on a great show.  It's just one of those shows that, even if you don't know any songs or don't necessarily like the type of music they play, you would still have a great time because they know how to entertain.  Here are two videos I took.  The first is of "I Believe in a Thing Called Love," and the second shows lead singer Justin Hawkins diving into the crowd from a 15-foot balcony and then crowd-surfing back up the stage before finishing the last song of the night, "Love On the Rocks With No Ice."



2.  Here is the link to the fourth in Steven Hyden's Winners' History of Rock and Roll series on Grantland, which is about Aerosmith, who I would consider to be one of the top five American rock and roll bands of all-time, if not top two or three.  Next week's band:  Blue Velvet Revolver, a metal tribute to the songs of "the Bobbys." 

3.  Here's a link to a Tumblr feed called Cinephilia & Beyond that has a page dedicated to the greatest movie of all-time, The Big Lebowski.  Included on the page are several videos, some quotes, and a fantastic picture of a young Lloyd Bridges giving son Jeff a high five.  Thanks to Trashton for the link.

4.  Here is a link to an article Holt sent me about why The OC is the greatest television show in the history of the world.  God, I miss it.  Every damn day.  Why'd you have to leave us so soon Marissa?  Volchock!!

5.  Here's a link to an ESPN article Holt sent me about how basketball is religion in the State of Indiana.  Good stuff.


6.  Here is a video Ryan sent me, which is basically three minutes of cars and people losing to winter.  As someone who can't get enough of the show Ridiculousness, this is right up my alley.  My question to you, good sir, is why were you running down the street playing a banjo in the first place?

No comments: