Monday, June 30, 2014

New Book: White Line Fever: The Autobiography by Lemmy Kilmister with Janiss Garza

I finished reading Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs probably about a month ago, but my sloth, Words with Friends, and the rediscovery of my Blackjack app prevented me from picking up another book for a few weeks.  And yes, I have a fucking sloth who guards my books.  Running With Scissors was definitely one of the craziest memoirs I've read, and I mean crazy in both the clinical and figurative senses.  Around age 12 or 13, Burroughs's mom basically sent him to live with her psychiatrist and his strange family.  He pretty much drops out of school in junior high and does whatever he wants, including smoking, carrying on a sexual relationship with a guy in his late '20s, and making a skylight in the kitchen with one of the psychiatrist's kids.  It's a good book, and as I mentioned in my previous post about it, there was apparently a movie made of it in 2006 with a pretty solid cast.  I'm not sure how the movie could possibly handle some of the more graphic parts of the book, but I'd still be interested to see it.

Next up is White Line Fever: The Autobiography by Lemmy Kilmister with Janiss Garza.  I've dressed up as the man for Halloween, I've seen his documentary, and I listen to his music, so I might as well know everything there is to know about Lemmy.

Books read in 2014:
Bruce by Peter Ames Carlin
Any Questions?: The Complete Art Brut 2003-2013 by Eddie Argos
Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs

No comments: