Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Retro Video of the Week: "Summer Girls" by LFO

I've been insanely busy lately, rewatching all of the Olympics reverse-chronologically.  Hence, I didn't have time to post a Tuesday Top Ten yesterday.  But I hope to make it up to you by posting a fun and exciting Retro Video of the Week.  Last week marked the 17th anniversary of the day I met Jester.  It was at a fraternity party, and we hit it off quite well.  Among the songs that played in the background while we talked about Otis Redding, travelling, and all the kids we were going to eventually have together was LFO's ridiculous hit "Summer Girls."  It's basically just a stream of consciousness recitation of people, places, and things that are in no way related, but hey, they rhyme sometimes.  The song hit #3 on the Billboard Hot 100 in the same month I met my future wife (and I'm pretty sure she was wearing at least one article of clothing from Abercrombie & Fitch), so it will forever have a place in my heart.

No comments: