Monday, October 10, 2016

Rocktober Deep Cut Artist #6: The Amorettes

For the criteria for bands and artists to be considered "deep cut artists," click here.

Band or artist:  The Amorettes
Where from:  Scotland
Years active: 2009-present
Number of studio albums:  3
Highest-charting single on the Billboard Hot 100:  N/A
Highest-charting studio album on the Billboard 200:  N/A

Admittedly, I don't know a ton about The Amorettes.  Through Pledge Music, I bought their most recent studio album, this year's White Hot Heat, which the band autographed for my kids.  What I have heard of them, however, I like a lot.  They are a Scottish trio, with Gill Montgomery on guitar and vocals, and sisters Hannah and Heather McKay on drums and bass, respectively.

I don't have the band's first two albums (yet) –- 2010's Haulin' Ass and 2012's Game On (the latter of which was produced by famed hard rock/metal producer Chris Tsangarides) -- but White Hot Heat, which was produced by Luke Morley (guitarist and main songwriter for English hard rock band Thunder), is a fine collection of hard rock songs, harkening the New Wave of British Heavy Metal, Girlschool, the Runaways, and the Donnas.  The song I'm going with is "Let The Neighbours Call The Cops," a snarling, energetic rocker with a great riff.  And, on top of that, the video has people speaking with Scottish accents, which I'm a sucker for.  I'm hoping the band makes it Stateside in 2017, so I can see them live, as I'm sure they put on a good show.

No comments: