Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Retro Video of the Week: "All I Want For Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey

I fully intended to post a Tuesday Top Ten yesterday about the new Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees, but as I was in the middle of writing it last night, one of my children woke up screaming with what turned out to be an ear infection, so I had to take her to the doctor post haste.  Kids:  what a time suck!

Five years ago today, I posted Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You" as the Retro Video of the week.  It was only the second holiday-themed Retro Video of the Week I ever posted, and it's a Christmas classic.  I stand by my comment in 2011 that it's one of the catchiest songs ever.  Of course, the song has gotten new legs as of late, thanks to Late Late Show James Corden's Carpool Karaoke segment featuring Mariah and just about everyone else he's had on the segment signing the song.  Here's the original video and the Carpool Karaoke video.

Due to the holidays, I probably won't be posting much over the next two weeks, but rest assured, I wish you and yours a Happy Winter Solstice, Happy Festivus, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Jul or Jól (depending on which part of Scandinavia you're from), Merry Christmas, Merry Chrismukkah, Happy Boxing Day, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Wren Day, Happy non-denominational atheistic winter holiday, Happy Hogmanay, and Happy New Year.  If you don't celebrate any of those, then I want to communicate my sincere hope that you have a horrible holiday season.  Just pick a winter holiday and stop being such a grump already.

No comments: