Thursday, April 25, 2019

New Book: Chuck Klosterman X: A Highly Specific, Defiantly Incomplete History of the Early 21st Century by Chuck Klosterman

Just before my jaunt across the pond, I finished reading Room Full of Mirrors: A Biography of Jimi Hendrix by Charles R. Cross.  Whilst in London, I did not force the family to go on a pilgrimage to Hendrix's death site, though I should have.  The book was very good.  As I mentioned before, while I have a ton -- one might even say a shit ton -- of Hendrix music, I didn't really know a lot about his upbringing or personal life.  He grew up in abject poverty in Seattle, fell in love with the guitar, and busted his ass to become the best there ever was.  Cross interviewed many of Hendrix's family members, friends, and acquaintances to paint a picture of a prolific but tormented genius who left Earth too soon.  I definitely recommend this for any Hendrix fan or anyone who wants to know more about Hendrix.


Earlier this week, I started reading Chuck Klosterman X: A Highly Specific, Defiantly Incomplete History of the Early 21st Century by Chuck Klosterman.  As you may know, Klosterman is one of my favorite authors/writers.  This is a collection of essays and articles he has written over the past 19 years on various pop culture and sports-related topics.  Thus far, articles have includes such subjects as a North Dakota junior college basketball game from 1988, zombies, and Charlie Brown.

Books Read in 2019:
-The Anatomy of Evil by Michael H. Stone, M.D.
-The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King
-Room Full of Mirrors: A Biography of Jimi Hendrix by Charles R. Cross

No comments: