Wednesday, May 06, 2020

Retro Video of the Week: "Take My Breath Away" by Berlin

In our next COVID-19-related installment of Retro Video of the Week, we're going to go with one of the most iconic movie songs from the 1980s, Berlin's "Take My Breath Away," featured, of course, in Top Gun.  It's a fantastic movie, and one of my favorites from the '80s.  I first saw it in the theater with my parents, and I cannot overstate the unbearable awkwardness I felt as a nine- or ten-year-old boy when the love scene -- backed by this song -- came on the screen.  Just stick to killing Russians, goddammit!

One of the telltale signs of COVID-19 is the inability to breath normally.  For instance, if you can't hold your breath for more than ten seconds, you should probably be concerned.  It can literally take your breath away.  So, wear a mask, practice social distancing, and don't be a asshole.

No comments: