Tuesday, November 08, 2022

Tuesday Top Ten: Halloween Costumes (2022 Edition)

First of all, please make sure you vote today if you haven't already done so.  No excuses!

I meant to post this last week, but got wrapped up in your standard All Saints Day bullshit.  This year was a return to our usual Halloween party, after a two-year COVID hiatus.  We had a '70s theme, and people really went all out.  Hell, one of our friends made this skullcuterie.
My only regret is that I didn't get pictures of everyone.

On Halloween proper, as usual, I went with a costume meant to instill fear in the hearts and minds of children.  And boy did it work!  But I tell ya, I do it so that they realize that scary costumes are just regular people underneath.  When I see a kid who is clearly scared, I say, "I'm just a man."  It usually works, though not when I'm swinging a freshly gutted rabbit over my head.
But anyway, let's get on with the costumes.  Many, but not all, are from the '70s Halloween party.  I'm giving you more than just my top ten because there were so many good ones.  Here they are, in no particular order:

1.  The Village People

2.  Chrissy, Janet, Mr. Furley, and Larry from Three's Company.
  Unfortunately, Jack couldn't make it because Mr. Angelino wouldn't give him the night off.

3.  Team Zissou

4.  A child plague doctor.

5.  Mary Tyler Moore

6.  Kenny Loggins.  But specifically, Kenny Loggins from the cover of his 1979 album Keep The Fire.


7.  Laverne and Shirley

8.  John Lennon and Yoko Ono

9.  Jackie Moon

10.  The Hanson Brothers

11.  A man and Elton John

12.  David Crosby.  Though it may not have been a costume.  It may actually have been David Crosby.

13.  Brian Fantana and Ron Burgundy

14.  An alien abducting a child.

15.  Alice Cooper

No comments: