Wednesday, November 30, 2022

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Beer!

It's that time of the year again -- the best time of year for lovers of dark, heavy, malty, flavorful beers.  Winter is my favorite beer season for that reason, and if you don't agree, hey man, that's treason.  Like last several years, I will once again be engaging in a 24-day weight-gaining enterprise I call It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Beer -- a daily look at a different beers throughout December.

This year, I only bought two beer advent calendars.  I bought the Costco German beer advent calendar, as usual, but like last year, I just bought that because it has a bunch of great German beers that aren't generally otherwise available in the U.S., so I can drink them anytime.  For the second year in a row, I got my main beer advent calendar from local beer shop Beer on the Wall. 

While I'm sure there will be a few hoppy or weird beers in there, if it's like last year, it will mostly be wonderful winter beers.  To quote myself last year, "Just give me a heavy malty beer with some fucking nutmeg already."

No comments: