Wednesday, August 02, 2023

Retro Video of the Week: "Suck My Kiss" by Red Hot Chili Peppers

Apologies for the lack of posting lately.  It's been a hellishly busy last few weeks, what with it being Walter Payton's birthday and all.  Anywho, tomorrow I'll begin my annual four-day musical journey through Grant Park, as Lollapalooza kicks off.  Wrapping up the weekend will be Red Hot Chili Peppers, who are headlining Sunday night.  They always put on a great show, so I'm pumped to see them.

In honor of their impending show, this week's Retro Video of the Week is "Suck My Kiss," the third single from the band's massive 1991 album Blood Sugar Sex Magik.  The song is a delicious funk metal song, and the video features shots from the Funky Monks documentary about the band's making of the album.  It's weird to see Chad Smith with long hair.

No comments: