Monday, September 17, 2012

Shit I Hate: High-Waisted Pants


I understand fashion is cyclical.  Fashion designers are lazy and unoriginal, so they regurgitate trends from 20-30 years ago and then try to convince you that the trends are once again chic because some 100-pound cokehead who smokes two packs a day and doesn't smile wears them on a runway for 20 seconds.  The latest crime against humanity is the resurrection of one of the worst fashion trends from the '70s and '80s this side of shoulder pads:  high-waisted jeans, pants, skirts, and shorts for women.  You know the ones I'm talking about –- you've seen them anywhere from Dazed and Confused to Saved By The Bell.  They come up to the belly button in the front and, in back, they make even the smallest ass look like an aircraft carrier.  We used to call them "mom jeans."  Seriously, women, why?  Have you come to a point in your life where you're thinking, "I need to move these Spanx to the outside"?  I had always assumed you hated things that make it look like you have a FUPA.  I know I do.  I hate anything that makes Mischa Barton look like this.  So, please ladies, I beg you to stop pandering to New York (or wherever it is these horrible ideas come to fruition) and just wear some regular fucking pants.

No comments: