Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesday Top Ten: Most Death-Defying Stunts

I had planned out an elaborate Tuesday Top Ten, full of twists, turns, and even a little ribaldry, but then I came across this article that lists the top ten most death-defying stunts.  This is just too damn timely to pass up, in light of Felix Baumgartner's leap from 128,000 feet Saturday.  I watched it live, thinking the entire time that was the dumbest and most insane thing I've ever seen a human being do –- and I was in a fraternity, for Christ's sake.  All's well that ends well, though, since Baumgartner didn't plummet to his death, pass out, or explode with millions of people watching.  (Click here to see a recap of the jump and click here to watch the full jump.)  The list compiled in the article is a pretty good one, with a Wallenda, a couple Knievals, and a Houdini (the guy, not the sex move).  

No comments: