Monday, November 26, 2012

Undefeated After Week 13

The Hoosiers lost the Bucket game and ended a season of almosts at 4-8 instead of 8-4, Notre Dame beat a mediocre USC team to crush my dreams of a BCS championship game without a team whose fan base I have to interact with on a regular basis, and the BCS standings are poised for a showdown between ND and the winner of the SEC championship game, which I think we all know is going to be Alabama.  Jesus.  That would force me root for Nick Saban.  I'm not sure I could hate Notre Dame any more than I do at this point.  Thank God it's basketball season, so the fairweather people I went to IU with can now post something on Facebook about the Hoosier basketball team instead of the football team to which they have no relation other than it happens to be in the same state in which they grew up.  "But I was always a Notre Dame fan.  After all, I'm Catholic, I'm from the Midwest, and they were really good when I was in grade school."  Ahh yes, that explains why you only cheer for Notre Dame in years when they happen to have ten or more wins.  Fuck you.

No comments: