Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Retro Video of the Week: "Blondes in Black Cars" by Autograph

I mentioned this song in yesterday's post of my Top Ten Hair Band One Hit Wonders, as this is the only other Autograph song I know besides "Turn Up the Radio," thanks to its rotation on VH1 Classic's hard rock and metal video program, Metal Mania.  As I said yesterday, this is one of those songs that could only have been made in the '80s.  Released as a single off of the band's 1985 sophomore album, That's the Stuff, "Blondes in Black Cars" made it to #38 on the Billboard Mainstream Rock charts, making it Autograph's second-most successful song behind "Turn Up the Radio."  I am somewhat surprised that "Blondes in Black Cars" didn't chart on Billboard's Hot 100, given the fact that its subject matter seems to embody just about everything that any male in 1985 between the ages of 10 and 30 would have wanted out of life.

No comments: