Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Retro Video of the Week: "Dammit" by Blink-182

This Saturday will mark twenty years since Blink-182 released their sophomore album, Dude Ranch, which introduced most of us to the band, particularly with their second single off the album, "Dammit."  This is certainly my favorite Blink-182 song, and it kind of summed up the band's sound -- fun, catchy, punky, and lamenting life and growing up.  

My favorite memory involving "Dammit" goes back to my junior year in college.  One of my roommates, Jamie, was playing his guitar in our room during a party because that was a thing that frat guys did in the late '90s, and no one thought it was weird.  So he plays/sings "Dammit," and this chick in our room was like, "That song is really good.  Did you write that yourself?"  "Yeah," said Jamie, with a wry smile on his face.  Fish in a barrel.  God, I miss college.

No comments: