Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Tuesday Top Ten: Fun Facts About Pearl Jam's Ten

Yesterday was the 27th anniversary of the release of Pearl Jam's debut album, Ten, which, along with Nirvana's Nevermind, is probably the most important album of the grunge era.  The album really didn't gain steam until the following year.  I remember the first time I saw the video for "Jeremy."  It was during the late summer of 1992, and I was sleeping over at a friend's house.  We were watching MTV at like five in the morning, as teenagers were wont to do back then, and "Jeremy" came on.  It was a captivating video, and Eddie Vedder looked like a madman, but I think we liked it, in no small part because the name of my friend was (and still is) Jeremy.

Anywho, the album took off, as you know, and now it's certified Diamond by the RIAA.  Two years ago, Rolling Stone had an article entitled "Pearl Jam's 'Ten': 10 Things You Didn't Know."  Rolling Stone re-posted the article yesterday, and I took a look, as apparently I had missed it two years ago.  Check it out.  Learn something.  Listen to the album.  Wear flannel.  Rock on.

1 comment:

marc said...

Fact #11, Vs is a better album