Tuesday, December 18, 2018

It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Beer: The Last Two Beers

I had to take a night off of the beer advent calendar last night because, at about 4 a.m. yesterday morning, something of unknown origins caused me to vomit my brains out and then, about an hour later, vomit out whatever was left in there.  So, I spent much of yesterday lying on the couch, hovering in and out of consciousness while occasionally sipping water and waiting for the moment I could muster up the courage to have a piece of toast.  That moment came in the early afternoon, and I'm happy to report things improved after that and another three-hour nap.  Ahh, to be sick when no one else is home.  But anywho, I wasn't feeling up for a beer last night, so I put it off until tonight.
Beer #17 was quite refreshing -- Middle Brow's White Light, a witbier.  I enjoy wheat beers, white ales, and witbiers in all seasons.  This was delicious, with a hint of apricot, but not too much.

Name:  White Light
Brewery:  Middle Brow Beer Co.
Location:  Chicago, IL
ABV:  5.1%
IBU:  N/A
Good for drinking if:  You're making the shit out of some lemon bars because, dammit, you're a good father.
Rating (out of five stars, by quarter star increments): 4

Beer #18 was back to the norm, which unfortunately means hoppy.  This is Illuminated's Junior Astronaut Juice.  I love the name, but this is another juicy IPA, which seems to be all the rage this beer advent calendar season.  Billed as a double dry hopped IPA, this actually isn't as bad as some other IPAs.  That is to say, I don't like it.

Name:  Junior Astronaut Juice
Brewery:  Illuminated Brew Works
Location:  Chicago, IL
ABV:  6.0%
IBU:  N/A
Good for drinking if:  You have to play tennis with Don Cornelius.  On the moon, bitch.
Rating (out of five stars, by quarter star increments): 3.25

No comments: