Tuesday, December 10, 2019

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Beer: Hösl Märzenbier

Today's beer advent calendar selection is the Hösl Märzenbier.  It's made by Privatbrauerei Hösl, which is located in Mitterteich, located in the northeast corner of Bavaria, not too far from Thuringia and Saxony, very close to the Czech border (only about 7 miles), about 85 miles northeast of Nuremberg, and about 150 miles north of Munich.  If you can't find it on a map now, I can't help you.  But let's get to the beet.  I have to say that it's one of the better märzens I've had -- and I've had a lot of märzens, so I implore you to consider that high praise.  It's nice and malty, and just a tad bit sweeter than most others.  Some märzens can have kind of a bitter finish, and this one doesn't have that.  I could definitely see myself drinking liters of this while standing on a bench singing "Viva Bavaria" with 7,000 of my closest friends.  

Name:  Hösl Märzenbier
Brewery:  Privatbrauerei Hösl
Location:  Mitterteich, Germany
ABV:  5.3%
IBU:  N/A
Good for drinking if:  You need a beer in a crimson can while watching the Cream and Crimson.
Rating (out of five stars, by quarter star increments):  4.25

No comments: