Thursday, January 16, 2020

New Book: Black Sabbath: Symptom of the Universe by Mick Wall

Shortly after the New Year, finished reading Everything's Eventual:  14 Dark Tales by Stephen King.  As the name implies, this was another collection of King's short stories, written between 1995 and 2001.  It's the third collection of his short stories that I have, with Night Shift and Bazaar of Bad Dreams being the others.  Everything's Eventual wasn't all horror, but also some sci-fi, drama, humor, and suspense (sometimes all wrapped into one).  The stories were all good, although admittedly, I didn't read one of them that was 98 pages because it related to the Dark Towers series, which I haven't read.  However, the other stories were all quite enjoyable.  One of them, 1408, was made into a movie in 2007, starring John Cusack and Samuel L. Jackson.  I haven't seen that, but the story was good!

I have since gone my to my old stand-by:  music biographies.  I'm now about a hundred pages into Black Sabbath: Symptom of the Universe by Mick Wall.  I know a middling amount about Black Sabbath -- their Birmingham roots, how Tony Iommi lost the tips of his fingers in an industrial accident, how their eponymous song was conceived, that Dio replaced Ozzy in 1980, among others -- but I have never done a deep dive into their history.  Wall is one of rock's most famous journalists, and for you GNR fans, one of the journalists Axl calls out in "Get In the Ring."  Anyway, so far so good.

Books Read in 2020:
-Everything's Eventual:  14 Dark Tales by Stephen King

No comments: