Thursday, October 28, 2021

Rocktober '90s Song #19: "Feed My Frankenstein" by Alice Cooper (1991)

1991 wasn't all grunge and hair bands.  Turns out classic rockers were still making some decent music.  Case in point was Alice Cooper, who released his twelfth solo and 19th overall studio album, Hey Stoopid.  "Feed My Frankestein" was pure Alice, with its horror themes and heavy sound.  He had a hell of a backing band on the song, with Steve Vai and Joe Satriani on guitars, Nikki Sixx on bass, longtime Bryan Adams drummer Mickey Curry on drums, and Robert Bailey on keyboards (who, admittedly, I don't know, but figured I'd add him in here for completeness's sake).  The song didn't chart in the U.S., but it was a Top 40 hit in the UK, where it went to #27 on the pop charts.  Perhaps more famously, it was performed by Cooper in Wayne's World in 1992 (in which Cooper had a memorable and hilarious cameo), and it was featured on the Wayne's World soundtrack.  More personally, I use one of the lines from the song whenever I want to let my wife know I'm in the mood:  "I'm hungry for love, and it's feedin' time."  It has yet to work.

No comments: