Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Retro Video of the Week: "Do Ya" by Ace Frehley

Today is former KISS guitarist and possible alien Ace Frehley's 71st birthday.  He's my favorite KISS member, and one of my most memorable Halloweens/birthdays was back in 2006 when I dressed up as Ace in Bloomington.  I may or may not have ingested a contact lens that night.  Forensics were inconclusive.

Back in 1989, the Spaceman released his fourth solo studio album, Trouble Walkin', which didn't chart very well (#102 on the Billboard album chart), but had backing vocal contributions from the likes of former KISS bandmate Peter Criss and Skid Row members Sebastian Bach, Dave "Snake" Sabo, and Rachel Bolan (who was famous, in my mind anyway, for having a chain that connected his earring and nose ring, which I always thought was just begging for a horrific accident).

Anyway, the only single released from Trouble Walkin' was a cover of The Move/ELO's "Do Ya," and while it didn't chart, it's a pretty faithful cover.

No comments: