Thursday, December 01, 2022

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Beer: St. Bernardus Christmas Ale

Admittedly, I broke into my beer advent calendar a day early because I have shit going on tonight, and I wanted to drink a beer while watching the IU/North Carolina game last night.  The first beer in my beer advent calendar is one of my favorite winter beers:  St. Bernardus's Christmas Ale.  I had the pleasure of going to Belgium a few months ago, and I soaked up as much of that country's wonderful beer as I could, including several from St. Bernardus (though obviously not the Christmas Ale, as it wasn't available yet).  St. Bernardus is a former Trappist brewery located in Watou, a small town in West Flanders on the French border.  I've enjoyed every one of their beers I've had, and their Christmas Ale is a top notch Belgian strong ale.

Name:  St. Bernardus Christmas Ale
Brewery:  Brouwerij St. Bernardus
Location:  Watou, Belgium
ABV:  9.8%
IBU:  N/A
Good for drinking if:  You're watching two college basketball blue bloods battle it out.
Rating (out of five stars, by quarter star increments):  4.5

No comments: