Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Bone to Pick: Remake of Enter the Dragon

So there are rumblings that Enter the Dragon is going to be remade. I'm sorry, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it. This actually sickens me. I literally threw up pig's blood all over my office when I read the story. What's next, a remake of The Crow?

Who could possibly fill the shoes of Bruce Lee? No one. That's who. Not even his younger brother, Jet Li. And what about Jim Kelly (the actor/martial artist, not the former USFL quarterback) and John Saxon? You can't duplicate their contributions to the film. And Chuck Norris is sure as hell going to want to be credited this time around. The only thing that could possibly translate would be the gratuitous nudity, which transcends time. But in the internet age, people don't really need kung fu movies to satisfy their naked Asian chick fetish.

Maybe this won't be a problem after all, since whoever remakes Enter the Dragon will soon have the benefit of going back in time to bring the real Bruce Lee into the future. Frankly, the possibility of time travel kind of freaks me out, having seen Back to the Future II.

New book
Well, I finished reading Hammer of the Gods: The Led Zeppelin Saga. It was pretty good. In my opinion, it wasn't as good as The Dirt (Motley Crue's biography/autobiography), but it was pretty close. Shame about Bonzo.

Anywho, I started reading Please Kill Me: The Uncensored Oral History of Punk by Legs McNeil and Gillian McCain. Punk is one of those genres where I don't know as much about it as I would like. So far, I've only gotten about 56 1/2 pages into it, and so far it's discussed pre-punk influences (the Velvet Underground, The MC5, and Iggy & The Stooges), so it's extremely enjoyable thus far.

No comments: