Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The End of A to Z

Well, after 62 days of aural pleasure, my alphabetic journey through my CD collection has come to an end, and I'd be a fucking liar if I told you I didn't learn a thing or two:
1. I listen to approximately 8.597 CDs a day.
2. If I work for 17 hours, I can listen to many more CDs than if I work for 9 hours.
3. Australian architects who move to Dubai leave behind mostly bad CDs.

In some respects I'm sad, but I am definitely excited about being able to listen to the new White Stripes album, the new Arctic Monkeys album, the Fratellis, Dr. Feelgood, and those 2 Van Halen CDs I bought before I started this thing. And I know we're all looking forward to the return of Hair Band Friday, even if I haven't been keeping you updated on the tawdry escapdes I have every Friday on my desk, underneath my desk, in my swivel chair, on both of my wooden arm chairs (stacked on top of each other), up against my windows, on the HVAC vents, on the floor, on my bookcase, between the bookcase and the wall, and while drenched in goats' blood.

Thanks to all of you who put up with A-Z every day and who actually read it. On the bright side, this meant that I was guaranteed to have at least one post each week day. On the dark side, this meant that you were subjected to my opinions on KC & The Sunshine Band, I Mother Earth, and 2 Sponge CDs.

An unnecessarily detailed recap of Lollapalooza will be up within the next few days (probably Thursday or Friday because I will be out of town for work from Wednesday evening to Thursday evening). I am awaiting some pictures from Ari, Liz, Jester, Christoff, Chandler, and anyone else who might have pictures of the three-day fete. As a little teaser, I will say that my recap may or may not involve underwear. Think about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't u mean anal pleasure?