Thursday, February 03, 2011

Blizzard!

You may have heard there was a bit of snowfall in the United States over the past couple days. Chicago was not without its share. 20+ inches in less than 24 hours. Not to shabby.

While I wasn't one of the lucky 1000+ idiots who got stuck on Lake Shore Drive, I did have the pleasure of staying home from work yesterday. Between about 10 p.m. Tuesday night and Wednesday night at 8 p.m., not a single vehicle went down our block, resulting in an untouched blanket of snow that made the block look like a narrow field flanked with some giant blocks of metal. It was pretty cool. Here is what it looked like yesterday morning:

There are several cars on our block, including ours, that will require a solid half-hour of shoveling to escape Skadi's wrath.

Our back porch was equally uninhabitable. I think Harley's out there somewhere.

I attempted to do some time-lapse photography, but I haven't put it together yet to see if it actually worked. If it did, I'll be sure to post it. Of course, I didn't take any pictures for the 7 hours and 43 minutes I was asleep Tuesday night, so there may be some holes in the story.

No comments: