Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Try Getting a Reservation at Dorsia Now

I'm a big fan of American Psycho, both the book and the movie. I'm also a fan of figuring out where movie scenes are filmed. Thus, you can imagine how excited I was when AC sent me a link to an article called Patrick Bateman's New York Today, which goes through many of the sites in American Psycho, tells you where they are, whether they were actually what they were in the movie/book, and what they are now. Of course, I am not really familiar at all with New York, so the locations themselves don't mean much to me, but it's nice to hear about the history of the places where Patrick Bateman told the bartender he was going to stab her to death and then play around with her blood, where he was on the verge of tears because he was sure they weren't going to get a decent table, or where he explained Ed Gein's feelings about women. By the way, Ed Gein is not the maitre'd at Canal Bar, a bar that, according to the article, appearing at which "would be tantamount to declaring…that the best you could manage was to straggle into last year’s watering hole after the herd had moved on."

No comments: