Thursday, January 05, 2012

Resolutions for 2012


2011 kind of sucked.  On the bright side, I attended my first Bears playoff game, Bulls playoff game, MLB Opening Day, and NCAA Sweet 16 and Elite 8, IU beat the #1 and #2 teams in the country, I finally switched to an iPhone from a Blackberry, I got a promotion, I got Lebowski on Blu-ray, and I welcomed a second child, Lollipop, into the family.  To offset those, I had friends who lost grandparents, fathers, brothers, and sons, a co-worker whose teenage nephew was killed by errant gunfire, and a brother-in-law who spent several weeks in a coma after a motorcycle accident.  2012 has to be better, unless of course the Mayans were right.

Here are my resolutions for 2012:

-Lose some weight.  I'm serious this time.
-Tell everyone I know who rides a motorcycle to wear a helmet.
-Fulfill my promise to my great-great-great-great-grandfather and vote straight Whig in November.
-Learn how to sing doo wop.
-Watch the IU men's basketball team play in the NCAA tournament, either in-person or on television.
-Develop ridiculous calf muscles.
-Get 3 stars on all levels of Angry Birds.  Sorry Jester.
-Shoot an arrow with a bow.
-Write a lot of doo wop songs.
-Morph.
-Listen to more music.
-Reach 200,000 hits on GMYH.
-Mine diamonds, no matter what the cost in human capital.
-Form a doo wop group called Little Andrew and The Donkey Raping Shit Eaters.
-Continue to keep Daughter and Lollipop away from NCAA assistant coaches.
-Develop a miniseries based on the real-life meteoric rise and disastrous, drug-, hooker-, bow-and-arrow-, and Angry-Birds-laden fall of a crudely named doo wop group who couldn't deal with their lead singer's unbelievable calves.

No comments: