Friday, June 21, 2013

"Chain Reaction"

I recently saw this old dandy of a note posted by someone on Facebook:
Rules
1. Put your music library on shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. You must write that song title as the answer to the question, no matter how silly it sounds! Most of the time they seem to work, strangely enough.
4. Ok, go!

I did it a few years ago, but these things can lead to hilarious non sequiturs, and I'm all for that, so I decided to do it again. 

It's Hair Band Friday, so I'm doing this with only hair bands songs.  In case you have been absent for the last eight years, every Friday at work, I only listen to hair band music. Each Friday, I post a playlist with the first ten hair bands songs that crossed my iPod, with priority given to songs that I haven't posted yet.  I currently have 907 hair bands songs (nearly doubled since the last time I did this!), so yes, there are still many songs I haven't posted, and the playlists posted are only a smidgen of what I have actually rocked out to during the day.  But the benefit to you is that you get a HBF playlist every week with ten new songs.

The best part about Hair Band Friday is that I do all of this whilst combining the life of an '80s rock star with the doldrums of a corporate work environment.  I may not write about it every week like I used to do (click on the Hair Band Friday tag and go back to the posts from 2005 and 2006 for a disturbing look into my psyche), but that doesn't mean hijinx aren't going down every Friday (or should I say chicks?).  For instance, just this morning, Cyndi was in my office dressed up like Little Bo Peep, if Little Bo Peep only wore a blonde wig, chartreuse crotchless panties, and a butt plug.  Anyway, she was in the corner with Shemp, the sheep I let hang out in here sometimes.  It was pretty dark, so I don't know exactly what was going on, but all I heard was Cyndi say, "I've been a baaaaa-d girl."  Teach her a lesson, Shemp!  Meanwhile, I was mainlining Stoli to bring me down after snorting way to much blow off of Candi's chest, ass, and armpits (I have an armpit narcotics fetish).  After watching me take a few conference calls and do a little online research, she was wetter than a Bon Jovi album cover.  The only thing I could do to was crank some Ratt and make use of that sex swing I just had installed next to my credenza.  So I'm knuckle deep in Candi when Misti walks in (without knocking) and she's all, "Here are those copies you needed, Mr. Your Handrew."  Thing is, I didn't ask for any copies, so I take them with my free hand to figure out what this is all about, and it's just seventy-eight copies of Misti's ass.  She closes the door, and then she and Candi just start going at it like sorority girls on spring break.  While watching them, I banged every one of the copies of Misti's ass before tackling the real thing, smoking a j, and then bringing out the coat hangers.  Candi and Misti were both wearing floor-length leather dusters, and they wanted to take them off because it was getting hot, but they didn't want them to get wrinkled or covered in sheep semen, so they wanted to hang them up.  Completely understandable.  Shemp's control is, well, not great.  Happy Hair Band Friday, mothertruckers!

Anywho, here is my list.  I swear to you I did not cheat.  These were the first 21 songs that came across my iPod today.  17 and 18 are perfect.  9 is pretty spot-on as well, since there is no emotion in mathematics.

1] IF SOMEONE SAYS "IS THIS OK?" Girls Got Rhythm

2] HOW WOULD YOU BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY? Heart of Steel

3] WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL? Stick To Your Guns

4] HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY? Life Sentence

5] WHAT IS YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE? Personal Property

6] WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO? Eye To Eye

7] WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR PARENTS? Money Talks

8] WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN? Song For Love

9] WHAT IS 2+2? Without Love

10] WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND? Psycho Love

11] WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE? Wait

12] WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY? Hole Hearted

13] WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP? Blue Murder

14] WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE? Lack Of Communication

15] WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU? Mean Streak

16] WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING? Black Tiger

17] WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL? Dead Man's Road

18] WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST? Hair Of The Dog

19] WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET? Shake a Leg

20] WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS? Mr. Brownstone

21] WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS?? Chain Reaction

No comments: