Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Retro Video of the Week: "Hot For Teacher" by Van Halen

I was going to write a Tuesday Top Ten last night, but I was too busy watching my beloved Hoosiers end their 12-game losing streak to that turtle-faced bastard Bo Ryan and his #3 ranked Wisconsin Badgers.  My joy turned to pain, my sunshine to rain, when the IU student section rushed the court.  Look, I get it.  It was a big win.  But we're Indiana, not Northwestern.  We shouldn't rush the court when we beat Wisconsin unless we are clinching a Big Ten title.  For a detailed explanation of the instances in which it is proper to rush the court, please read my most recent angry post (before this one) about court rushing.

Then I was going to write a Tuesday Top Ten tonight, but there's this awesome retrospective on VH1 about SNL in the '90s.  I can't be expected to come up with anything decent while laughing my ass off.

Anywho, last week Van Halen's 1984 album turned thirty.  This makes me feel terribly old, especially since I vividly remember the first time I ever heard the album, in 1984, on my friend's brown Fisher-Price tape player.  It was one of those watershed moments in my musical upbringing.  We were going absolutely crazy when we heard every song -- even the ones with synthesizers because we were too young to know we were supposed to feel betrayed by Eddie Van Halen.  So, in honor of 1984's 30th anniversary, here is the classic video for "Hot For Teacher."  Notice Michael Anthony's inability to stay totally in step while dancing.

No comments: