Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Retro Video of the Week: "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley

Yes, I realize I have used this video on a previous Retro Video of the Week, but in honor of the greatest web video-based April Fool's Joke -- YouTube's Rick Rolling of anyone who clicked on a video on its homepage on April 1, 2008 -- I had to post this again. Also, I'd like to let it be known that my roommates and I senior year in college were the first people to ever Rick Roll. We once put this song on repeat, cranked up the speakers as loud as they could go, locked the door to our room in the fraternity house, and headed to class. Upon our return several hours later, a normally mild-mannered guy who lived in the room next to us informed us that if he ever heard that song again, he would kill all of us. God I miss college.

No comments: