Friday, November 30, 2018

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Beer: 2018 Edition

It's that time of year again, when the beer is as dark as the five o'clock sky, and just as delicious.  Winter is my favorite beer season.  After a couple years off, I will once again be engaging in that zesty little weight-gaining enterprise I call It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Beer -- a daily look at a different winter beer throughout December.

This year, there will be a slight twist.  You see, I received a most wonderful gift.  My wife and children, lovable enablers that they are, gave me a beer advent calendar from local beer shop (or is it a shoppe?), Bottles and Cans.  


I've never had a beer advent calendar before, and I gotta tell ya, I love the idea.  Beginning tomorrow, each morning until the fabricated anniversary of the birth of Jesus, as my kids are tearing into their mediocre little chocolate Santas, teddy bears, stockings, and the like from their own advent calendars, I will be enjoying a new beer.  I have no idea what lies within, and I don't plan on taking a peek, but you can guarantee I'm going to enjoy this.

Like in years past, I'll report back to you via this here blog with a non-technical description of each beer and the following information:
-Name
-Brewery
-Location
-ABV (if available)
-IBU (if available)
-"Good for drinking if" comment
-Rating (out of five stars, by quarter star increments)

As in years past, I may not get a chance to post every day, so I may have a few "catch up" posts, where multiple beers are reviewed.  Here's to hoping my advent calendar is long on malt and short on hops.

No comments: