Tuesday, November 06, 2018

Tuesday Top Ten: Halloween Costumes (2018 Edition)

Last Wednesday was the best holiday of the year.  As is the custom, the Saturday before, I had a Halloween party.  I went as Marilyn Manson.  Needless to say, I creeped a lot of people out, which I completely expected.  What I didn't expect was how many women would grab my boobs.  Finally, maybe women can see things from a man's perspective.  Look at your game, girl.

And, of course, on Halloween night, after trick-or-treating with a gumball machine, an archer, and an apparently sassy T Rex, I put on a $4.99 white mask and my trusty black hooded reaper's robe, and handed out not nearly enough candy to neighborhood children while listening to doom metal and drinking goat's blood.

But let's get to the fun stuff.  Here are the ten best costumes I saw this year, whether in person, on Al Gore's internet, or on Facebook.  These are in no particular order.

1.  Race car driver
With a real racing suit and helmet, complete with a straw and everything.  What you don't see is the Indy Car she parked outside my house.

2.  Boxer (aka "The Velvet Puma")
The black eye is not real.  The sling is.  Good use of an injury for a costume.

3.  Doc Holliday
The picture is a little dark, like someone just walked all over your grave.

4.  Napoleon Dynamite
And, more importantly, he had his lines down.  Gosh!

5.  Lumbergh and Milton from Office Space
The Initech mugs were a really nice touch.

6.  Trumpkin
I love a good play on words.

7.  Eleven and Hopper from Stranger Things
More like the right side up.

8.  Rick and Ilsa from Casablanca
Of all the Halloween parties in all the towns in all the world, they walk into mine.

9.  Two Supreme Court Justices
He likes beer.  She could kick his ass.

10.  Burning Man goers
The nice part is that, in Chicago, he'll be able to wear that bear hat/shall and she'll be able to wear those boots all winter long.

No comments: