Monday, October 07, 2019

Rocktober is Here!

Thank you for your patience, fair readers.  Based on the hundreds of emails I've received over the past six days, I know you are concerned about the whereabouts of Rocktober.  Fear not, Rocktober is always with us in the tenth month.  I, however, was not, as I was on a much-needed beer-and-goulash-based vacation last week.

But I'm back, and so is Rocktober.  Continuing on my six-year plan instituted last year with a Rocktober dedicated to the '60s, the Rocktober Decade Countdown plows forward into the 1970s this year.  

The '70s was a strange and wonderful decade for music in general, and rock music was certainly along for the ride, with the rise of hard rock and heavy metal, what we now know as "classic rock," punk, glam, power pop, country rock, soft rock, yacht rock, the beginnings of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal and new wave, and so much more.

As I do every October, I am going to fill your lovin' cup up with a daily dose of rock, at least on the weekdays where I'm in the office or have access to a computer.  There will be no repeated artists during the course of the month.  I'm going to try my best not to repeat songs that I have featured in prior Rocktobers, but I make no promises.  As always, the week of Halloween will feature songs with dark, evil, or macabre themes.  Retro Video of the Week will be suspended during Rocktober, but Hair Band Friday will continue because, even though this Rocktober will focus on the '70s, no decade is bigger than Hair Band Friday.  Of course, I'll also be posting the Rocktober post on Fridays, too.

Remember that this is Rocktober, so these will all be bands, artists, and songs that rock.  There will be popular songs, songs that you may never had heard before, and maybe even some bands and artists you've never heard of.  Rest assured, though, everything will rock.  Dig it.

No comments: