Sunday, December 19, 2021

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Beer: The Last Three Beers

I had to skip Friday because I had a prior commitment that involved drinking beer at another location, but I drank Friday and Saturday's beers last night and, of course, Sunday's beer today.  Here's what I had.

Beer #17 was a great local Chicago winter ale, Begyle's Christmas Ale.  This is one of my go-to winter beers.  It's a malty ale brewed with cinnamon and bay leaves, and it tastes like Christmas should taste.

Name:  Christmas Ale
Brewery:  Begyle Brewing Co.
Location:  Chicago, IL
ABV:  7%
IBU:  N/A
Good for drinking if:  You're all tuckered out from doing the Charleston.
Rating (out of five stars, by quarter star increments):  4.5

Beer #18 was from another great local brewery, Marz.  Krampbiscus is a holiday ale brewed with cranberries and hibiscus.  It's not my favorite of their beers, and I'd call it "tart" rather than "sour."

Name:  Krampbiscus
Brewery:  Marz Community Brewing Co.
Location:  Chicago, IL
ABV:  6.5%
IBU:  N/A
Good for drinking if:  You realize your not worth more dead than alive.
Rating (out of five stars, by quarter star increments):  3.75

Beer #19 was a damn IPA.  It was the aptly titled Advent Calendar Beer from Alarmist, and I think this must be included in several local beer advent calendars, as it was also in the advent calendar I bought from Bottles & Cans.  As it's an IPA, it has been my lease favorite beer thus far.

Name:  Advent Calendar Beer
Brewery:  Alarmist Brewing
Location:  Chicago, IL
ABV:  7.2%
IBU:  N/A
Good for drinking if:  You want to experience what a Christmas tree tastes like in beer form.
Rating (out of five stars, by quarter star increments):  3.25

No comments: