Thursday, March 24, 2022

CoronaVinyl Day 405 (F): In Camera Obscura by Figures On a Beach

For an explanation of CoronaVinyl, click here.

Today's CoronaVinyl category is "F," and I decided on what I thought was a full-length album, but turned out to be a 12-inch single, Figures On a Beach's 1985 single, "In Camera Obscura" / "Paradise" -- with the single version and an extended dance mix of each.

In Camera Obscura was a new wave band from Detroit, whose only charting song on the Billboard Hot 100 was a 1989 cover of BTO's "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet," which went to #67.  The two songs on this single are pure new wave.  They're not bad.  Obviously, I'm not going to pick a favorite from each side -- though I prefer "In Camera Obscura" -- but I'll post the YouTube "videos" of the dance mixes of both songs.

No comments: