Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I Am Dung

Sorry I've been absent as of late. A combination of work, play, acid flashbacks, and nearly smoking myself out of the house has really hurt my blogging productivity.

Monday night, after the previously mentioned smokeout, I thought I had completely extinguished the bastard Duralog in our fireplace. Thus, I closed the flue. Never close the flue. At 2:02am, Jessie taps me and says, "It really smells like smoke." I looked up and it appeared as though there had been thirty people smoking cigars for the entire day while burning rubber. The whole apartment was filled with a dense Dura-fog. I went downstairs, and it turns out that you can't kill a Duralog very easily. Smoldering quietly in the fireplace, it might as well have been laughing out loud at me. We opened all the windows in the apartment, and expended about a half a bottle of Febreze, yet as I am sitting here writing this, the not-so-faint smell of a campfire permeates my entire being. Never close the flue.

The new job is going well. Unlike the social abolitionists I previously worked with, I actually work with nice people who actually took me out for drinks after work yesterday and whose breath actually doesn't smell like rotting pig flesh. After a couple brews with the new co-workers and a solid discussions about talkies, I headed to Rocks for some trivia. I think it's safe to say that You're With Me, Leather got jobbed by Wizard's Sleeve -- or, more appropriately, by the guy running the game. We lost by 3 or 4 points because of a never-before-seen 5-point bonus question in the "name that tune" round, which is usually 1 point for song title and 1 point for the artist. The song was the theme to the Neverending Story (or Die Unendliche Geschichte for you krauts), which was worth 1 point. The 5-point bonus came for the artist, which was apparently not Paul Carrack or Falkor. No, it was the former lead singer of Kajagoogoo, who apparently was not too shy shy to go by the name Limahl. Wizard's Sleeve was the only team that got it right, which leads me to believe they were in kahoots with Kevin, the guy who runs it. I was so distressed by losing that I refused to attempt to take more money from Gregerson at Silver Strike Bowling.

Today, I was hornswaggled into playing some flag football. Christoff (who was also hornswaggled) said that we would be playing at 6:30. He was correct. What he didn't know (because the guy whose team we were subbing on didn't mention) was that if we won, we played again at 8:30. Of course we won the first game, despite the fact that the other team resorted to tackling rather than grabbing flags. Thankfully, what goes around comes around, and there is now one more 120-pound woman at Rush in critical condition. In between games, we headed to Tequila Roadhouse for an in-between-game beer. This proved to be a wise decision, as the only two people on the team who did not have a beer had to temporarily leave the game with wicked calf cramps, on two plays in a row no less. I am now extremely tired and must sleep. I love you all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For those of you who don't know...it's too good not to read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You%27re_with_me%2C_leather

Anonymous said...

Is Andy Reitz as big a stroke as he appears to be?

GMYH said...

Why in the world would anyone ever hate on Andy Reitz? He's one of the nicest people I've ever met. Anonymous, you deserve to have a fishing hook inserted into your pee hole.