Monday, November 19, 2007

Bucket


Oh, what a weekend for the IU fan.

Saturday, Jester and I headed down to Bloomington for the sold-out Old Oaken Bucket game. As I'm sure you know by now, IU beat Purdue to bring their record to 7-5 and all but secure a bowl bid for the first time in 14 years, realizing Terry Hoeppner's dream of playing a 13th game. I am pumped, as you might imagine, and you better damn well believe that I am going to whichever bowl the Hoosiers play in.

Here is an accurate representation of the energy in Memorial Stadium when Austin Starr kicked the game winning 49-yard field goal:


As if that wasn't enough of a kick in the proverbial dick for the Boilermakers, on Sunday, in the NCAA women's soccer tournament, IU beat the #2 seed Purdue in West Lafayette to advance to the Sweet 16. As with every weekend, it was a bad weekend to be a Boilermaker.

Then, thanks to a very nice IU fan named Aaron who emailed me with complimentary things to say about my "I Hate Purdue" post, I learned that if you Google "fuck purdue," Give Me Your Handrew is the very first result. I've never been more proud of anything in my life. Fuck Purdue.

And to top it all off, Jester roasted one hell of a chicken tonight for dinner. Things are finally looking up for me.

No comments: