Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday Top Ten: Things I'm Looking Forward To in Munich

You may recall that back in aught seven, I journeyed to Munich with 21 others in search of beer and mischief. I found both.

In less than a week, I will be returning for the 200th anniversary of the first Oktoberfest, along with 15 others. Needless to say, I'm giddy.

Here are the top ten things I'm looking forward to in Munich:

10. Someone sleeping on a bench (preferably not me).

9. Drinking cheers, with and without middle-aged Norwegian men named Toto.

8. Finally eating at the Hundskugel, Munich's oldest restaurant, and then using the strength of wurst to slay German witches.

7. Videotaping Gregerson after he drinks 5 liters in 4 hours, before he disappears, gets taken to an infirmary where some kraut will no doubt try to steal his watch, and, after getting an IV, orders 14 cheeseburgers.

6. Watching as well-built Bavarian women carry 14 full liters of beer with two hands without spilling a drop.

5. Listening to Südtiroler Spitzbuam playing "Ein Stern," "Hey Baby," and "Viva Bavaria" while trying to hold conversations with German college kids and getting the shit creeped out of me by some Italian dudes whose only known English is "viva la pooosee."

4. Hofbrau Dunkel straight from the source.

3. A chance at redemption on German MTV, and perhaps reuniting with my German wife.

2. Dirndls. Good God, the dirndls.

1. A week without my Blackberry.

1 comment:

bob terwilliger said...

You don't enjoy helping Germany stave off deflation? http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2010/09/15/germanys-anti-deflation-weapon-oktoberfest/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+wsj%2Feconomics%2Ffeed+(WSJ.com%3A+Real+Time+Economics+Blog)&utm_content=Google+Reader