Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Tuesday Top Ten: Sketch Comedy Shows I Saw This Weekend


By the title of this post, you would probably assume that I saw at least ten sketch comedy shows this weekend.  I did not.  I am essentially using the Tuesday Top Ten as a vehicle to promote a hilarious sketch comedy show that I saw Saturday night.  Thus, here is my top ten list:

10.  None
9.  None
8.  None
7.  None
6.  None
5.  None
4.  None
3.  None
2.  None
1.  Urlakis and Cusick.
Urlakis and Cusick is a two-man sketch comedy show at Chicago's Stage 773 Theater (1225 W. Belmont).  I know Sean Cusick from Second City.  He directed two of the shows for which I was a writer.  He has a wonderfully dark sense of humor.  I don't know Dave Urlakis, but he also appears to have a wonderfully dark sense of humor.  The show itself is about an hour.  It's fast-paced, and there is not a bad sketch in the lot.  I was laughing throughout.

It only runs for two more weeks, Saturday nights at 10:30 (i.e., 12/10 and 12/17), so I highly recommend you go see it while you still have the chance.

No comments: