Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Retro Video of the Week: "Rock Soldiers" by Frehley's Comet

I share a special bond with Ace Frehley.  Having dressed up as him on one legendary occasion, I experienced a smidgen of what it must be like to be a rock star, or so I have been told.  Thus, it is with a heavy heart that I report to you, fair readers, that Ace Frehley's suburban New York home is being foreclosed on.  I thought of a few Ace- and KISS-related puns –- Ace has fallen on hard times; this shocked me; I hope Ace doesn't hit rock bottom; for Ace, a recovering alcoholic, I hope this doesn't mean it's cold gin time again; rip it out, take my art (assuming he has art that he would sell to bring his loan current); foreclosed borrowers can sometimes be destructive, so any prospective buyers should beware of fractured mirrors; I hope he can get back on his feet, or should I say back in a New York groove? –- but nothing very good and most are too obscure for the casual fan.  Instead, I will simply say that if he needs a place to crash, he should let me know.  He can stay as long as he wants.  I won't consider him a parasite.  He's got nothin' to lose.  And I will honor him with this week's Retro Video of the Week, which is the song "Rock Soldiers" off of the first album from Ace's solo band (if that's not an oxymoron), Frehley's Comet.

No comments: