Thursday, April 17, 2014

New Book: Any Questions?: The Complete Art Brut 2003-2013 by Eddie Argos

I finished reading Bruce by Peter Ames Carlin over a month ago, but with paternity leave, the NCAA Tournament, my lack of new books to read, and general laziness, I haven't started reading a new book until today.  The Springsteen biography was great, and it sounded like the author had a lot of access to Springsteen himself and his friends, family, band mates, and others.  It's a must-read for any Springsteen fan, and the book makes you appreciate how huge he is now, knowing his relatively poor upbringing, hard work in the music business before making it big, and general unwavering commitment to being awesome.

Today, I started reading Any Questions?: The Complete Art Brut 2003-2013 by Eddie Argos, which is a crowd-funded book by Art Brut lead singer and songwriter Eddie Argos.  If you don't know Art Brut, they are a fantastic punkish indie band from England with bitingly clever lyrics.  I discovered them when they opened for The Hold Steady 7 or 8 years ago, and I have seen them multiple times on their own since then (and suggest you do the same if you have the chance).  The book is a complete volume of Art Brut's lyrics, with commentary from Argos.  I don't think it's even possible to get the book anymore, now that the crowd-funding campaign is over, but who knows, there may be subsequent editions released.

This looks like it will be a quick read, so if you have any book recommendations, let me know.

Books read in 2014:
Bruce by Peter Ames Carlin

No comments: